Part of SEPN’s Community Engagement, the national survey explored different groups’ experiences of sustainability uptake in education at the EC-12 and PSE levels across Canada.
The national survey explored the research question: What are the relationships between sustainability policies and sustainability practices in a given region? The survey specifically examined:
- The types of sustainability practices in place in the EC-12 and PSE education systems
- Drivers and barriers influencing the development of those practices, including policy
- Factors influencing sustainability policy development in the EC-12 and PSE education systems in Canada
Data were collected from over 1,000 individuals involved in Canada’s formal education system. At the EC-12 level, this included:
- Facilities managers
- Sustainability staff
- Administrators of schools and school divisions
- Ministry of Education staff
The survey was distributed in the 2014/15 academic year through SEPN’s partners and contributors as well as through listservs, newsletters, websites, and/or social media postings of over 50 organizations across Canada.
Publications including journal articles, plain language summaries, and infographics will be made available once published.
For more information, please contact SEPN’s Project Manager, Nicola Chopin by email at nicola.chopin(at)usask.ca or phone at (306) 966-2319.