Data: Post-secondary Education Sustainability Initiative Census Scores
SEPN has analyzed and scored all 220 accredited post-secondary institutions in Canada on their uptake of four high-level Sustainability Initiatives (SI):
- Undertaking a sustainability assessment
- Signing a national or international environmental or sustainability declaration (specifically, Halifax Declaration, Talloires Declaration, Pan-Canadian Protocol, or the University and College Presidents’ Climate Change Statement of Action for Canada)
- Having a sustainability office or officer
- Having sustainability polices
An institution received one point for having a sustainability initiative in each category:
- SI score of 4: Institution had all 4 sustainability initiatives (these institution are described as “SI Leaders”)
- SI score of 3: Institution had 3 of the 4 sustainability initiatives
- SI score of 2: Institution had 2 of the 4 sustainability initiatives
SI Score Listing
The following spreadsheet includes all accredited post-secondary institutions in Canada with SI scores between 2 and 4 (institutions with scores of less than 2 are not included).
SEPN updates this list when we receive new information that changes an institution’s SI score. If you wish to share information with us that would update your institution’s SI Score, please email sepn.info (at) usask.ca.